22.2.08

E-40 - Turf Drop

Okay, okay. Here's the song:

What do you think? Let me tell you, the first time I heard this I was thinkin, well I like to go dumb, but this song is kinda dumb. It just sounds like E-40 is trying to remake "Tell Me When to Go" but with Lil' Jon instead of Keak Da Sneak..... but wait! before you pass any judgement, I would like to try something. Watch this video:
For those of you who are not from the bay (or the heathens among you who are from the bay and do not follow the Warriors), this is Baron Davis while he was hitting the game winning shot at the buzzer vs. the Celtics last night.

Okay. Now re-listen to the song while watching this video.
Do you like it now?? Feel free to comment. There's no right or wrong answer.

In other news, I'd like to post this song. I love songs with snaps and bass and funny lyrics. Thank you Mr. Collipark, you make me want to go to the middle of the dance floor and dance like a fool/clown/clueless person/beezy/dummy.

No comments: