21.6.08

Ice-t: "Soulja boy killed hip-hop"


Ice-T calls out Soulja Boy for killing hip-hop. What is with all the talk that hip-hop is dead? What is hip-hop? Do you need to talk about killing people, driving nice cars, and having sex (like Ice-T did)? Soulja Boy talks mostly about his dance moves. I don't see anything wrong with that. In fact, I'd rather hear about dancing than killing most of the time (I'm not a big Soulja Boy supporter... I don't think I've posted any of his songs here even though I might enjoy some of them). Maybe Ice-T is just mad about the greater mainstreaming of the hip-hop music to a broader audience. He should be happy that now there is such a large variety of hip-hop to choose from. There are still tons of rappers who tell stories in their music. Once again, this is not a defense of Soulja Boy, just an examination of "hip-hop is dead" talk.

No comments: